The Chagum Native American Descendants AssociationOfficials President/Editor/Owner: Coni Dubois Vice – President Veronica Hawkins Secretary: Tanna Chesser www.conidubois.wordpress.com “In an ever widening circle’, Carry far the blood of Chaugham and his spouse, brave Molly Barber, Down the years with Adams, Hobson, Jacklin, Lawrence, Barber, Elwell, Webster, Doty, Berry, Cochran, and the thousands yet to follow”. Lewis Sprague Mills Mission Statement: To bring together and connect into the “Ever- Widening Circle” descendants of Barkhamsted Lighthouse Chagum lineage; to inform and update on the Chagum history and latest research to association members. Related spellings: Chagum, Chaugham, Chagam, Chaughom, Chaugam, Chaugum, Chagm, Chogham, Chogum, Chogums, Chogam, Choggum, Chaugin, Chaughon, Chalcom, Chaucom, Chougum, Chugum, Shawgum, Shoukum, Shoakecum The Association at this moment is in the beginning stages: I am only creating a mailing list and descendant list – will keep you updated as we get this set up~ Descendants are from James & Molly Chagum’s 8 children: 1. Chagum for Samuel & Solomon’s children 2. Barber for Hannah (C) & Reuben Barber (Coni’s line) 3. Jacklin for Mercy (C) & Isaac Jacklin 4. Wilson for Polly (C) & William Wilson 5. Lawrence for Meribah (C) & Samuel Lawrence *I have no spouse info for Sally & Elizabeth Chagum ~
What will be required of all Descendants:
1. I will need all contact info: Address, phone & email – this will be for our descendants/contacts list for newsletters and such – this info is kept private~
2. I will need to know how you link to the Barkhamsted Lighthouse Village – and PROOF of descendant – I have a lot on this line so more than likely I can prove it via my research – but if not then you will have to prove it via your research and such – keep in mind all you contribute for proof will be included in our research~
3. We will be sending out 2 newsletter’s a year – June and December – will need family members to send in important events – birth, death, marriages and such – this will forever be in history and I truly want to record all we can for future generations~
4. We will be hosting a family reunion July 2-6th, 2015 at the Barkhamsted Lighthouse site.
Everyone will be responsible for all their camping fees & travel expenses
5. There are no dues at this time but may be required at a later date.To Contact Coni Dubois Address: PO Box 1089 Gray LA 70359 Phone: (985) 271-1255 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Get your edges TWICE as SHARP"
Children's and Young Adult Author and Founder of the FInding Corte Magore Project
This site is dedicated to the ancestors of the Johnson, Booker and Petruff families of Rhode Island, Connecticut and Pennsylvania and thier connecting lines of lineage.
My quest of finding my ancestors (& a bit of my life)
Searching for Forgotten Forebears - A Work in Progress
Myths, legends, folklore and tales from around the world
the spaces between
Serving the interests of genealogists since 1967
Quest for Our Native American Roots
Essays on Heritage and Culture